LondonLink is moving all trading
activity to Gibraltar
Today we are excited to announce that LondonLink will be moving our trading products & services from the United Kingdom to Gibraltar. This means that you, as a LondonLink customer can continue on your crypto journey with us while also having access to an exciting range of new features, with more on the way.
Our journey has now brought us to Gibraltar where the senior management have big plans for the future of the business and most importantly, our customers!
Why are we moving trading to Gibraltar?
In no particular order, here are the primary reasons:
- Supportive Government: The Government of Gibraltar is supportive of the Crypto / Virtual Asset Industry as a whole and would like to attract the best Crypto businesses to the jurisdiction.
- Innovative Financial Services Regulator: The GFSC (Gibraltar Financial Services Commission) was one of the first in the world to develop a world leading Crypto compliance framework and now has a proven track record of ensuring great outcomes for consumers and businesses alike.
- Familiarity: LondonLink originated in the United Kingdom and Gibraltar (a British Overseas Territory) has a very similar legal framework as well as English being the primary language and of course uses Great British Pounds as its currency!
- Market Access: Gibraltar based businesses are able to serve customers in almost any market including the UK and EU where most of LondonLink’s current customers are based.
- Pool of Talent: Gibraltar is a well established financial services hub which attracts the best talent for companies like ours.
Monday the 24th of January
Registration will be disabled for new customers
Existing customers will be able to continue trading with LondonLink OTC Limited
Existing customers can access and onboard with LondonLink (GI) Limited
Friday the 4th of February
LondonLink OTC Limited will stop all trading activities
Monday the 7th of February
LondonLink (GI) Limited will enable trading for new customers and customers previously registered with LondonLink OTC Limited.
Do you have regulatory permission to carry out the same type of trading in Gibraltar?
Yes! LondonLink (GI) Limited has permission to carry out non-custodial exchange services.
You can see this on the GFSC’s website here.
Do you have permission to carry out any additional services as compared to the UK?
Yes! In addition to Bitcoin and Pound Sterling we now have permission to trade in Euro, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Tether, USDCircle and more!
The Legal Bit
If you are a LondonLink OTC Limited customer (registered with LondonLink prior to Monday 24th January 2022) your account is being transferred to LondonLink (GI) Limited.
When is this transfer occurring?
This transfer will happen on the 5th of February 2022.
What does this mean for me as a LondonLink OTC Limited customer?
It means that any future contracts and policies will be with LondonLink (GI) Limited.
Do I need to do anything?
Not much! If you’d like to continue to access our LondonLink’s services remotely as you always have. All you need to do is login to your account, agree to the terms and conditions and acknowledge you have read and understood the policies.
Will my trading experience change?
Not really, Gibraltar’s regulatory framework is very similar to the UK and the process will feel very familiar for existing LondonLink customers.